Saturday, August 16, 2008

profit.

Earlier on in the summer, I had the chance to eat lunch with a few friends at U-Burger in Kenmore Square. My delicious "Yuppie Burger" rang up to $4.99. I handed the cashier man a $10, and he gave me back my change of $5.01. Or, so I thought. As I stepped away from the counter, I looked down at what I held in my hand. A $5 bill, and...something that looked like a penny. Except it wasn't a penny. It was a 5-cent Euro coin!




Easily mistaken for a penny.

You know, 5 cents in Euros is worth 7.3 cents in US currency right now. I felt kind of bad. I almost wanted to alert the cashier of his mistake. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have cared, though. He probably would've thought me a bit crazy.

So I just kept it. And here I am, maybe a bit crazy, but 6 cents richer.

1 comment:

Lulu Hu said...

hahah jess you are so funny.. yaaay 6 cents richer!!! :D :D :D i thought that 5 cents in euros would be worth like 10 cents here though.. oops