Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Detoxication: Day 7

It has been one week. I am no longer as physically dependent (though I do currently have a slight headache), but I am definitely still emotionally attached to (read: desperate for) coffee.

Someone also said that I must be saving a lot of money on drink costs. WRONG. I usually made my own coffee at home, anyway. And when I didn't, I'd pay for a grande @ starbucks ($1.86). Now, I have to drink the so called "fru-fru" drinks, such as green tea lattes (they don't contain espresso $3.65) and iced apple chai's ($2.80) and shaken passion tea lemonades ($2.80). So I think I am acutally spending MORE money than I was before. Sad.

In other news, I think the boyfriend is sick of consoling the headache-plagued, irritable, tired girlfriend. He has resorted to pure bribery. 2 more weeks of no coffee (making it a grand total of 3 no-coffee weeks), he says, and I am in for a reward. I hope it's a puppy. Particularly this one:


2 comments:

Melody Lun said...

Incentive to date - My boyfriend will buy me things when I go on caffeine detoxification.

Megan said...

i like it when people buy me things.