Thursday, April 30, 2009

trippin'

so today I had my first real coffee in a month. medium iced coffee with cream and extra sugar from DD. it was amaaazing to say the least.

I drank it because I have a full day today and I didn't get enough sleep last night.

And I had a paper due today and a final exam in the afternoon.

but now I am FREEEAKING out. I am extremely jittery and I can't stop talking (or typing). I feel like I'm on some kind of high (like how I used to feel after 3-4 cups of coffee back in the day).

honestly, I didn't even finish the whole cup. I almost did. So I probably took in a good 200mg of caffeine at one time. which is 200x more than what I've been having daily for the past month.

The caffeine is fully absorbed into the stomach and small intestine within 45 minutes of ingestion. The effects start anytime between 30-60 minutes after ingestion. The half-life of caffeine in a normal adult is 3-4 hours.

In women who are taking oral contraceptives, the half-life is increased to 5-10 hours, and if you're pregnant, it's 9-11 hours. AND if you have severe liver disease, the half-life skyrockets up to 96 hours.

I think I just typed all of this in about 60 seconds Is that possible?

omggg, make it stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Really now, this is an issue.