Monday, May 12, 2008

1,000!

Today, when I returned to my dorm room after completing my last final exam of the semester, I noticed that a grand happening had occurred. The counter (located at the bottom of my site) alerted me that I had officially gotten over 1,000 hits on this blog! To quote our former high school principal (I can't remember who she was, but she wore jean skirts and long black boots and her first name was Jean): "holy moly COW!"

I just happened to check my StatCounter account at the moment I received hit #1,000. I took a screenshot as evidence:



Wow. 1,000. And no, I didn't sit in front of my laptop and hit refresh repeatedly!

How to celebrate such a joyous milestone?

I decided to post a celebratory image that really conveys the significance of the number 1,000. And how did I go about searching for such an image? Google Image Search, of course. I entered "a thousand", and hit the search button. Here are some of my results (I couldn't pick just one!):

  • "A Thousand"-year egg.



  • "A Thousand" pennies! ($10)



  • "A Thousand" Different Ways.



  • "A Thousand" dollar ice cream sundae (Serendipity 3 restaurant, NYC). Served in crystal goblet, with 18k gold spoon.




So, I just wanted to say thanks to my faithful readers! Hope you will continue to visit and read. For now, my brain is fried, but be not afraid! I have plenty that I have been wanting to blog about in the past weeks, and as my heap of neurons slowly recovers from the assault that was final exams, you will be presented with much new knowledge and insight.

2 comments:

Melody Lun said...

Oh Jessica. You are truly a class act!

I am afraid to eat "pei dahn" because of this post. I think I was talking to someone about it the other day. I thought they were joking when they told me they're a thousand years old. How do we go about making a thousand-year egg? Just let it sit?

Because we are such "goal-oriented" people, I think we should get started on this new project right away.

Dan said...

The Thousand-year-egg was once a challenge on Fear Factor....silly people