Friday, May 2, 2008

a break from studying.

During these last few weeks of final papers/studying, I've been quite attached to my iTunes. I mean, how else would I stay sane, right? I have recently come across many songs that I forgot I ever listened to... and some songs that I'm (almost) embarrassed of. I wonder if you know any of them. So here you go--a "random" selection of the music that I've listened to in the past 2 weeks.

Guess the song & artist based on the lyrics (no google searching!):

  1. Looking back on the things I've done/ I was trying to be someone/ I played my part/ Kept you in the dark

  2. You better shape up/ 'Cause I need a man/ And my heart is set on you

  3. You gave me wings and made me fly/ You touched my hand; I could touch the sky/ I lost my faith; you gave it back to me/ You said no star was out of reach

  4. I'm into driving cars/ Push 'em off the lot/ I'm into shutting stores down/ Just so I can shop

  5. I told you everything/ Opened up and let you in/ You made me feel alright/ For once in my life

  6. How many roads did I travel/ Before I walked down one that led me to You/ How many dreams did unravel/ Before I believed in a hope that was true

  7. She likes to eat shellfish but she's not very selfish/ So she shares 'em with her fellow reptiles

  8. So just give me one good reason/ Tell me why I should stay/ 'cause I don't want to waste another moment/ Saying things we never meant to say

  9. What?/You wanna ball with the kid?/ Watch your step/ You might fall tryin' to do what I did

  10. Check the mirror, lookin' fly/ Round up the posse, jump in my ride/ Radio rockin', hottest jam/ Feel the rhythm, pump up yourself

I guess some of these are hard. I will be surprised if you get #4. I'd be impressed if you get #10. And I don't think any of you will get #7 (unless you're cecilia or e).

You know what would be fun? If I posted different audio clips for you to guess, too. Hmm... brb.

OK back. Here's some more for you to guess. They're intros from songs (not necessarily the ones above). Guess away!

Clip #1:

Clip #2:

Clip #3:


Answers will be posted on Sunday.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

you know which ones i know! b/c i heart these two songs.
5. behind these hazel eyes!! (reminds me of us jamming to this at jcf retreat)
8. breathe!! (yayy michelle branch!)

vche said...

1. BSB - Shape of My Heart
2. Grease - You're the One That I Want (to be technical.. sung by John Travolta & Olivia Newton John)
3. Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me (classic!!!)
4. hahahahaha.. this is Mims - This is Why i'm Hot
5. Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes <33333
6. This one def took me a while, cuz all the songs thus far have been secular. But I should've known this sooner since I saw her sing it in concert. It's Nichole Nordeman - Holy.
7. [completely stumped]
8. Michelle Branch - Breathe
9. "Na na na na na na na.. gettin' jiggy wit' it"....... Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy With It
10. I wouldn't have gotten this if you and Melody didn't talk about *NSync today. It's *NSync - Just Got Paid.

And.. I'm too lazy to listen to the clips. Although I'm much better with audio clips than with lyrics.

Steve said...

1) Shape of my heart by BSB
3) Because You Loved me Celine Dion
7) That turtle song from a kids CD that you guys were obsessed about.

Ok... going to sleep now.

Melody Lun said...

Oooo, one of my favorite posts to date. But then again, I also consider every post you've written to be a work of pure genius.

It seems that people have already guessed the lyrics, so I'll guess the clips.

But before I do that, I just wanted to let you know that I forgot my volume was still turned all the way up from yesterday afternoon when you requested that we listen to Nelly. Thus, I plugged in my headphones just now and got a full blast. My ears hurt.

1. I have no idea. Never heard of it. I'm not as learned as you.
2. Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy With It.
3. David Powter - Bad Day

Dan said...

1. Shape of my heart - BSB
4. This is why I'm hot - ???
6. Holy - Nicole Nordeman
9. Gettin' Jiggy Wit It! - only by the BEST lyricist ever!

Clip #2: Gettin' Jiggy Wit It! It never gets old :D

Unknown said...

1. backstreet boys - shape of my heart
2. nsync - just got paid

what can i say...i was quite the teenybopper back in the days

Unknown said...

wait i lied, i meant number 10 was the nsync song

Danielle said...

clip#1: happy dayyyy!! tim hughes! yayy!!

bashful said...

where are the chinese songs (with silly concert videos)??? i'm not up-to-date on your culture so i have no answers for you...

Shyam said...

Hi nice blog, can u allow me to use - I mean share.Plzzzzzz.

mail me - kweb.naren@gmail.com.

thnx,
Sharma.