Friday, June 13, 2008

another sports post.

I watched the game last night. Well, from halftime and on. Let's just say, I wasn't feeling too good about it at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, and I bet none of you were, either. O ye of little faith!

Anyway, the Celts really pulled the rug out from under the Lakers.

There are a couple of things I noticed/wanted to share with you.

1) I cannot believe Ray Allen played the entire game.

2) Jack Nicholson is super sketchy-looking.

3) Phil Jackson is MASSIVE.

4) I thought P.J. Brown retired. Isn't he like... 40 now?

5) Justin Timberlake was there.**

6) After last night, all the Kobe Bryant-Michael Jordon comparisons will probably cease.

7) Doc Rivers doesn't seem like he's very eloquent. And Phil Jackson is WAY too calm for my liking. Creepy much?

8) I've decided that Sasha Vujacic is probably the most annoying player to watch... ever. He spends most of his time spazzing out and being annoying on defense. And then after Ray Allen blew right by him and scored, he flipped out. I think they replayed that part once or twice-- He was nearly crying on the bench (really) and when someone put a hand on his shoulder, he screamed and proceeded to pummel the chair next to him. Classy, Sasha... classy.
---

**Side note:

[cameras pan to Justin Timberlake]

Kid brother: Hey, look.

Me: Oh, he's here, too?

Kid brother: Wait, he's a Lakers' fan? WHAT? He's a LAKERS' FAN?!

Me: Yeah, I think so.

Kid brother: Oh well, his career was already over anyway when he did that song with Madonna.

2 comments:

bashful said...

nice post... i like it when you and melody talk sports!!! so i can understand and comment. =)

i doubt kobe/jordan comparison will cease... that's how they get the ratings. =(

Melody Lun said...

Your post reminded me of Jason Kidd and the whole wifebeater incident.

Your brother has keen insight into the world of pop culture. I like it.