Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Introducing… Walleteer Wednesdays

I was talking to a relative recently, and he suggested a grand idea for this blog. Why not, once a week, take a number… and see what kinds of things you could buy with that amount of money? I see potential for both creativity nd hilarity, so I thought it would make for a good weekly post. And so, I introduce to you… Walleteer Wednesdays!

Wal`let`eer´

n. One who carries a wallet; a foot traveler; a tramping beggar.

Today, we will start with a number that I choose. In the future, I’d like to start analyzing amounts that you all suggest. So, leave your numbers in the comments.

This week, we have $48,468 in our pockets. Think with me for a moment… what could you do with such an amount?

With $48,468, you could*:

  • Attend Boston University for one year (exactly).


  • Buy 194 ipods (80 GB classics).
  • Invest in Google (106 shares,$455 a pop)

  • Hop a plane (with 2 other friends) from Boston to Paris (fly first class, of course), take a bus to the Eiffel Tower, take the elevator up to the 2nd platform, and have a fancy dinner at the Jules Verne Restaurant. Then, take the bus back to the airport and fly back to Boston (first class).
  • Buy an expensive puppy (like a goldendoodle) and treat it like royalty for its entire lifetime (~15 years). Don't forget to build it a $10,000 dog house.



Interesting, no?

Stay tuned for next week, and don't forget to leave numbers in the comments section.

---
*based on extensive research.

6 comments:

Melody Lun said...

Jessica, you never cease to enlighten me with your deep musings.

I suggest 5.99 for next week.

Daniel K. Eng said...

how about 23 cents?

Megan said...

I would buy a $48,468 bar of gold.

next week: $4.99
answer: box of lucky charms from campus convience
OR
two boxes of lucky charms from any other super market

Melody Lun said...

I want to announce my entrance into the world of poetry with an acrostic.

Did you know that David wrote an acrostic in Psalms? See, it's Biblical!

I just need a world to make an acrostic with.

jfei said...

someone needs to warn the poetry world, melody's on her way there to stink it up. bad.

let's go with a high number...

ONE ZILLION DOLLARS! muahahaha

Melody Lun said...

I just realized that Jason insulted me in a public domain. I am miffed.

I'll have him know that my acrostics are quite good. I've been a little out of practice though - haven't written one since elementary school.